It has not been an easy week for me at home and at work and I am struggling to remember specific things that I’m thankful for. Nonetheless, I am choosing to think back to how the week has been and take this opportunity to count my blessings, reflect on positive things from the week (though I feel quite drained), and give thanks to God for His goodness and provision.
Here is my second gratitude list:
- My husband’s first birthday since we became parents! We didn’t do anything particularly to celebrate it but it was a very special day for me. It got me thinking about birthdays and my husband in ways I hadn’t thought before and I’ll be writing about this shortly.
- My son is now 11 months old! I still can’t comprehend the fact that I’ve been in ‘motherdom’ for that long and that my maternity leave is over (giving my husband the opportunity to also have some focused time with Precious Sparkle at this early point in his life). 11 months seems like a long time, doesn’t it? It’s like he was born yesterday on the one hand, and so long ago on the other hand. I’m finding that my birth experience is becoming more of a distant memory; I feel a need to sit down soon and capture it in words as much as I can before it becomes too much of a blur.
- Precious Sparkle’s confidence in walking without support continues to grow; he is taking so many more steps unaided and keeping us on our toes. We need to move a number of things out of his reach; what an adventure to be part of, what a privilege to watch him grow!
- Unfortunately, Precious Sparkle’s nose started running again, but I’m glad that he is still able to breastfeed well enough. It’s hard watching him struggle with it, but I’m thankful I don’t have to pump like I had to a few times last month when he couldn’t feed well because of his nose.
Working Breastfeeding Mum
- It has been another successful week of going home to breastfeed at lunch times. It keeps me grounded in a way I’m still making sense of; it’s one of my constant motivation to plan ahead. I can’t rely on my lunch times anymore to get my teaching resources for my last lesson together and this is helpful for my organisation.
- I am so blessed to know so many lovely people who continue to pray for me about juggling work and family life; it’s so encouraging to have so many caring people having your back when you feel you’re still trying to find your feet.
- My colleagues have been so gracious to me as I adjust back to work and many have helped me in different ways at such short notice. I don’t know how I would have managed this week at work without them.
- It was a pleasant surprise to get a response from Lebara after tweeting them a link to my gratitude list from last week, to check out my reference to them. 🙂
- I think I am a step closer to finding out why my blog sends pingbacks of my posts to some of the linkys I participate in. I find these unplanned pingbacks embarrassing and annoying and I feel a need to apologise for them on the linky post I find them. I hope I find out definitely how to stop them from happening.
- It’s so lovely to ‘tweet meet’ more lovely mummy bloggers, and read so many thoughtful posts and comments. I have learnt new vital information from some of them, some have been really good food for thought, and others have added to my consideration of issues that have been on my mind. I’m thinking of starting a weekly round-up of some of this posts for my record.
- Thanks to an opportunity that blogging opened for me, I should be hosting my first blog competition soon! I’m looking forward to being the one that announces the winner, instead of waiting for the winner to be announced. 🙂
Wow, the week doesn’t feel as difficult anymore; I feel so blessed and so fortunate! There is definitely comfort and contentment to be found in counting one’s blessings. 🙂 I am now looking forward to the weekend.
What are you thankful for this week?
Shared on: Thisenchantedpixie's #52WeeksofGratitude Week Thirty-Six YouBabyMeMummy and Mum's Days' #TheList 19 Vevivos'#PoCoLo 16 - 18 Jan 15 What Katy Said and Tiny Footsteps' #HappyDaysLinky 14 Make Do & Push's #TWTWC 80
Latest posts by aNoviceMum (see all)
- 2017 Christmas Gift Guide Linky - 01/11/2017
- How the Story of the Baby who Died Affected my Breastfeeding Confidence - 22/05/2017
- I’m going to the launch of The Breastfeeding Advert - 21/01/2017
- The Tree of Life Breastfeeding Photos are like the Confederate Flag, says ‘Dr’ Amy - 22/12/2016
- How to Make a Tree of Life Breastfeeding Magical Photo in 3 Key Steps - 17/12/2016