This week has been a juggling act! Childcare issues, ‘more-work-than-time-available-at-home-and-work’ issues, ‘no-time-to-write-down-my-many-thoughts’ issues; all together a lot of issues. Even then, I’m glad to have some pause time to calm down and consider my blessings through it all (even though it took me more days than expected to do this).
And so begins my 3rd gratitude list in 2015:
- It’s a week closer to Precious Sparkle’s first birthday! I can’t get my head around it really. It’s almost a year? Where does time go? How we’ve both grown, individually and together.
- I think Precious Sparkle is a toddler now; I don’t know if there is any official age for a baby to transition to being called a toddler, but my little one is definitely toddling around. It’s the adventures of a toddling baby in our home. Pictures are so hard to take because he is always on the move, and quite fast too. 🙂 I look at his baby pictures and I just can’t get it round my head.
- Our Bobux’s Xplorer’s shoes have come in very handy with all the toddling going on in our home; I got them via my first response to a #bloggerrequest tweet. 🙂 I just happened to have stumbled on it in December and it’s all so exciting to be part of their seeding campaign. It’s nice to have little shoes that can be used both indoors and outdoors, with room to grow for little feet, and one that I can easily determine which one goes on the left foot separate from the right foot. 🙂
- Such relief that Precious Sparkle’s nose is in full working order again; feeding is always nicer with a clear nose. 🙂
- So many ‘awwww’ moments with Precious Sparkle this week: excitedly walking into my arms when I come home from work; smiling at me when he woke up in his push chair after I picked him up from his English grandma who helped us with some of the childcare issues we’ve had. These moments are so heart warmingly priceless. 🙂
- So glad to still have milk for Precious Sparkle; I was surprised to learn from someone that their milk once dried up after 11 months. This really shocked me, I thought the longer you breastfeed, the more guaranteed your production. I’m almost half way to my breastfeeding goal; I really pray my milk keeps flowing for my little man.
- Being able to create more walking room for Precious Sparkle. I never knew such delight could be derived from supporting the development of one’s child – what a thrill!
- A very dear friend, who is like my mum helped us at very short notice with our childcare issues. It made so much difference for us and I am so thankful for this incredible act of kindness.
- My main boss’ kindness towards me during this difficult week. Flexible working is a real blessing when it is possible, especially if you need it for an emergency.
- Spending more time with Precious Sparkle during the day – a silver lining in the cloud of our childcare issues. 🙂
- Somehow staying awake when needed, despite being so sleep deprived.
- Not bringing work home so far. 🙂
- Lovely to reconnect with friends that I hadn’t kept in touch with for so long. So fab to have friendships that don’t diminish with years; you can just pick up from you left. 🙂
- Blogtacles was finally published after hours and days of work. I still have a lot to do to get it up and running; I hope it gets a good reception in the Blogosphere.
Shared on: Thisenchantedpixie's #52WeeksofGratitude Week Thirty-Seven You Baby Me Mummy and Mum's Days' #TheList 20 Adventures of a Monkeyfooted Mummy's #ThankfulThursday Lakes Single Mummy's #R2BC blog hop
Latest posts by aNoviceMum (see all)
- How the Story of the Baby who Died Affected my Breastfeeding Confidence - 22/05/2017
- I’m going to the launch of The Breastfeeding Advert - 21/01/2017
- The Tree of Life Breastfeeding Photos are like the Confederate Flag, says ‘Dr’ Amy - 22/12/2016
- How to Make a Tree of Life Breastfeeding Magical Photo in 3 Key Steps - 17/12/2016
- My 10 Breastfeeding Hopes and Dreams – 2nd time round - 16/12/2016