I am so very thankful and glad to have finally started my blog after months of contemplation. I’m writing this post to summarise some of my blogging journey since I started my blog 12 days ago.
- Acutally blogging on the net is better than blogging in my head when I’m in the shower or in the car.
- Setting up a blog, even a managed wordpress blog, is very time consuming; there is so much to understand and do all the time.Consider what you want for your blog and how much time you really want to spend on it because it can take over your life before you know it.
- Finding a theme you like deserves the time it takes for the search; you’ll be spending a lot of time on your site.
- It saves time to know the difference and interaction between pages and posts, categories and tags, menu and side bars, and plugins and widgets.
- WordPress support is a really lovely community and a google away; better to explore the official wordpress support site before looking at others though.
- Design matching cover and profile banners for your site and social media networks, it makes your blog more recognisable.
- Blogging helps to clarify your core reasons for blogging; it gives purpose to your writing and the development of your blog.
- Set up social media platforms to inform potential readers of your existence.
- Save time by changing your existing social media personal space to your blog space, this way, you don’t lose any follows you already have.
- Interact with other bloggers through twitter parties and chats, linkys, hops, and carnivals to keep your blogging fresh; it’ll inspire your writing, help to share your posts, contribute to your blogging knowledge, and you’ll find out about new blogs.
- Network off and online to alert people to the presence of your blog and make blogging and brands friends; twitter is a brilliant space for this.
- Enjoy the feeling you get when you publish your posts, especially your first post; it’s quite unique.
12 things I hope to understand soon
- Google Analytics
- Twitter Analytics
- Getting the html code for my blog badge
- Protecting my content and pictures from being copied without permission
- Changing my linky url after linking up to a blog’s linky
- Effectively using social media platforms to increase my blog’s readership
- Getting social media follows without doing giveaways
- How people get giveaways to giveaway anyway
12 things I hope to do to improve my blog
- Use my Skimlinks notebook from Blogfest14 to jot down my blogging ideas
- Design a new blog badge
- Edit my post pictures quicker
- Make the comments’ header font smaller and the comments more compact
- Find a plugin to publish all my posts on all my social media platforms despite no follows
- Find plugins to schedule my posts and divide my pages into columns
- Organise my posts better by finalising my main menu, categories and tags
- Read blogging tutorials from Tots100, Mumsnet, and Britmums
- Get a really fast laptop to save on blogging time
- Get a really good camera to take better pictures for my posts
- Find out a Tots100 Blog Camp to attend
- Perhaps get sponsorship for Britmums Live 2015 and BlogFest15 🙂
I'm linking this post to You Baby Me Mummy and Mums' Days List #14.
Latest posts by aNoviceMum (see all)
- Playbrush Review – Brushing without Tantrums - 07/12/2016
- Trying to Log off | My Mini Digital Detox Attempt - 02/12/2016
- Reasons Changes in Baby Movements Matter - 01/12/2016
- What I did When my Baby’s Movement Slowed Down - 30/11/2016
- My Toddler and My Little Piccolo Review (Stage 1 Pouches) - 29/11/2016