It was our first birthday party Thus began the balloon chase Such a lovely time on Sunday On all fours, on the floor Balloons were part of it Dashing here and dashing there No more fear of them Seeing, feeling, tasting Since the October Baby Show It mustn’t escape your grip
Crawling on free space One hand on the floor to steady yourself Following it under the chair One hand on the balloon to keep it firm-ish Chasing it under the table And your mouth did the rest Whatever it took you did What did you taste, I wondered To keep it in your grip What were you thinking, I pondered The fun was soon over But your exploration continues The balloon had to go And I'm so glad to be part of it I've got to be responsible To see such wonder through your eyes Despite my intrigue and amusement To capture such intrigue in action At your discovery and engagement To enjoy the little joys of everyday I'm linking with You Baby Me Mummy and Snowingindoors' Point & Shoot and Practising Simplicity's The Project 52 (48/52)
The following two tabs change content below.
Founder | Writer I Editor I Manager
First-time Mum / Freelance Writer / Thinker / Educator / Business graduate / Improving Photographer / so much more. \\ Recording my mu-m-sings from the South East of England | Sharing lessons from my life's journey to encourage and inspire | Filled with gratitude for my faith, family, and friends.
Latest posts by aNoviceMum (see all)
- 2017 Christmas Gift Guide Linky - 01/11/2017
- How the Story of the Baby who Died Affected my Breastfeeding Confidence - 22/05/2017
- I’m going to the launch of The Breastfeeding Advert - 21/01/2017
- The Tree of Life Breastfeeding Photos are like the Confederate Flag, says ‘Dr’ Amy - 22/12/2016
- How to Make a Tree of Life Breastfeeding Magical Photo in 3 Key Steps - 17/12/2016