Parties can be fun and fab; a very lively way of hanging out with old mates, acquainting oneself with new folks, and even making buddies. I love the fact that blogs have parties too, various kinds of parties; and link parties or linkys are one them. Blog link parties provide a great opportunity to celebrate blog posts by sharing them, and I’m so glad I discovered them when I started my blog.
Below are some of what I like about them and what I don’t.
My Top 5
- Blog linkys offer a ‘blog show‘, giving your blog posts a guaranteed and interested timely audience, mainly within a set period.
- Blog linkys offer a ‘blog sampling session‘, giving you the opportunity to discover new blogs for your enjoyment and development.
- Blog linkys offer a ‘blog press release‘, giving you the platform to showcase your blog, widen your audience, and network with other bloggers.
- Blog linkys offer a ‘blogging / blogger’s block solution‘, giving you the inspiration and motivation for future posts.
- Blog linkys offer a ‘blogging tutorial class‘, giving you lots of ideas and examples of blogging ‘dos’ and ‘don’ts’.
My Bottom 5
- Blog linkys do not always have clear rules about what is expected, and even fair rules to ensure that every post gets a minimum read / comments.*
- Blog linkys can be time-consuming to participate in, and even sometimes frustrating when the blog host’s navigation isn’t clear.*
- Blog linkys can make you put yourself under unnecessary pressure to write in order to join the linky party again in the future. One could of course argue that this is easily rectified by being satisfied with only linking up when one has a relevant post. 🙂
- Blog linkys require you to keep going back to the blog host’s linky page to access linked posts. One might argue that this is alright, and indeed a perk of being a blog linky host. 🙂
- Blog linkys do not guarantee blog traffic for those linking into the linking party. One could of course argue that this isn’t the aim of blog linkys. 🙂
What do you like / dislike about blog linkys?
*Single Mother Ahoy’s Weekend Blog Hop exemplifies the specific promotion of blog / post love for everyone in her linky party through her linky rules.
*For example, it’s annoying when follows are required without straight forward links to the stated social media networks, or when attaching a linky badge is required without easy access to the badge code or a comment about what to do if there is no code etc.)
I'm linking this post to You Baby Me Mummy and Mums' Days #TheList 16 and Sunday Stars hosted by Mummyofboygirltwins and Mini Travellers
Latest posts by aNoviceMum (see all)
- H for Breastfeeding and Hands | 2016 #AtoZChallenge - 09/04/2016
- G for Breastfeeding Gift | 2016 #AtoZChallenge - 08/04/2016
- F for Breastfeeding Fun | 2016 #AtoZChallenge - 07/04/2016
- B for Breastfeeding and Baby Bottles | 2016 #AtoZChallenge - 06/04/2016
- A for Breastfeeding Anywhere | 2016 #AtoZChallenge - 06/04/2016