I have deliberated over this for a while and I’ve finally decided to take the plunge; welcome to my new linky about breastfeeding – #BreastfeedingandI. It is part of my Breastfeeding and I project, one of my #MatExp actions.
Why Breastfeeding and I?
Breastfeeding is a topic on many people’s minds: those who do, those who support, and those who don’t. It’s probably one of the most talked about natural occurrences; with a bit of jam-y / marmalade-y / marmite-y type flavour. It is a topic that we can’t get away from; babies have to be fed and breastfeeding has traditionally been the main way that this is done.
It has a tendency to stir up a lot of emotion, and cause so much pain and delight all once. A lot of people have opinions about it, even folks that it barely affects in any real way. It’s impact is not just emotional, but also physical, financial, and psychological.
I have a special interest in breastfeeding. It’s something that almost drove me crazy after I had my Precious Sparkle; a battle I took heads on and couldn’t let go of until it worked for us. I have read so much about it in my quest to get it right; I find it to be a very interesting subject.
Reading about other people’s breastfeeding (or not) experiences and views have inspired, motivated, and challenged me in a variety of ways. And I think it will be beneficial to have a place to share a range of these posts.
This linky will be opened every week from midnight on Friday to midnight on Wednesday.
What? / Who?
Everyone – mums, dads, relatives, professionals etc – that has something to say about breastfeeding. You don’t have to have breastfed or be breastfeeding to join in. This linky welcomes all family friendly breastfeeding related posts, old and new; they could be in areas pertaining to:
- tandem nursing
- breastfeeding tips
- breastfeeding journey
- breastfeeding support
- breastfeeding toddlers
- breastfeeding in NICU
- breastfeeding and dads
- breastfeeding and work
- breastfeeding and sleep
- breastfeeding multiples
- breastfeeding and solids
- breastfeeding and clothes
- breastfeeding and formula
- weaning from breastfeeding
- breastfeeding and pregnancy
- breastfeeding in the hospital
- breastfeeding and medication
- breastfeeding and professionals
- breastfeeding and bottle feeding
- extended breastfeeding experience
- breastfeeding wins and little victories
- breastfeeding reflections / poetry / art
- responses to breastfeeding in the news
- breastfeeding and expressing / pumping
- breastfeeding difficulties and challenges
- breastfeeding and physical and mental wellbeing
And as such, it’s a linky that all who are interested in the issue of infant feeding, bloggers and non – bloggers, should find easy to engage with. Non-bloggers can PM their contribution to me on my Facebook page or submit it via my contact form; bloggers who want to share their thoughts annonymously can do the same.
This list is of course not exhaustive.
This linky is an opportunity to contribute to ongoing discussions and debates about breastfeeding; and I hope it becomes a breastfeeding resource for many on their infant / toddler feeding journey.
It’s also an opportunity to encourage others as they muddle through the murky waters that infant feeding can be.
In addition, it’s a place for relevant professionals to view and engage with a range of responses to the issue of infant feeding in general, and breastfeeding in particular.
We don’t have to agree with each other; but we must be respectful and sensitive when reacting and commenting on people’s post.
What do you think of this linky idea?
Latest posts by aNoviceMum (see all)
- 2017 Christmas Gift Guide Linky - 01/11/2017
- How the Story of the Baby who Died Affected my Breastfeeding Confidence - 22/05/2017
- I’m going to the launch of The Breastfeeding Advert - 21/01/2017
- The Tree of Life Breastfeeding Photos are like the Confederate Flag, says ‘Dr’ Amy - 22/12/2016
- How to Make a Tree of Life Breastfeeding Magical Photo in 3 Key Steps - 17/12/2016