Welcome to my second #12daysofparenting blog. Day 2 is all about lists for Santa, as you probably know if you’ve hopped from LadyBug Home & Designs. There are lots of fab prizes to win, including a Safedreams Hoppy from Baby Bundle. Check out the 12 Days of Parenting page for more information and the terms and conditions (UK residents only). Entries are via the Rafflecopter at the end of this post.
I’m a full-time working mum and school holiday times are super precious, so much more precious than they used to be.
I don’t have a list for Santa, but I’ve got a long list of holiday hopes for this year ending.
My tendency towards a laissez faire approach to how my holidays go doesn’t cut it anymore, I’m a mother now and I’ve got some massive womaning up to do.
So, here are my holiday hopes for the end of this year, and I really hope they will stand me in good stead on the parenting road in the coming year.
Family Time Holiday Hopes
A holiday without a range of tots groups‘ is one that needs planning … my experience has shown me over and over again that little is accomplished with a toddler when left to time and chance. So here comes the planning of a meaningful holiday routine for our toddler and family time. This schedule must be ready by the end of this week. 🙂
Also, bring on more intentional alone times with hubby, it’s so easy to put this on the back burner when you’ve got a little one to look after, isn’t it.
Family and Friends Holiday Hopes
I wish I didn’t struggle to stay in touch. The call / skype / email list and timetable route seems to be worth trying out … I might even have a go at a family newsletter; ‘might it really save me some time’, I wonder.
Catch-ups Holiday Hopes
No school work to-do list is hanging over this head; not this time around! The plan is to leave work at the school’s gate when I leave on Friday. Perhaps, I might spend some hours on some of my work to-do list the day before resumption.
O my word, why does ‘house’ have to have so much ‘work’ after it? 😂 I’ve got some serious catching up to do at home if my “spotless house before the new year’s” hope is to see fulfilment! So, here is to setting aside 2 hours on designated days to focus on certain chores. Wish me well …😁
Blogging Holiday Hopes
Where do I start with this one?
- Check and fix broken links
- Finish my ‘Blogging from A to Z challenge‘ before the end of the year; perhaps on my other blog too.
- Make a realistic weekly blog plan for my posts and social media and do some scheduling, for this blog and my teacher blog.
- Catch up on pending reviews, linky reads, and make sure that I’m up to date with all blog contributor commitments.
- Sort out my linkys.
- Finish some of my drafts, and experiment with some of my new blog ideas.
- Try syndicating some of my posts if there is time.
overall, I need to do a health check on my blogs and be at a blog happy point by the end of the year; trying to keep an eye on my blogtacles, right. On a serious note, I’m still struggling with rising from my blogging crisis; it’ll be really fab to feel fully on my feet again.
‘Me’ Holiday Hopes
- Spend more time with God and His Word
- Get some good quality sleep
- Start reading for leisure again
- Start journaling again
- Make and eat healthier food
Overall, pay more attention to my spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Holiday Hopes Overall
I’m really hoping for a memorable family time with a happy toddler, a less cluttered home space, less intrusion of work in my head, better blogging and blogging space, and a more wholesome me. I think this will make for a happy holiday time without tots groups, ‘tots’ being my code word. 🙂
Thanks for hanging out here, check out Mummy and her mini for more Santa’s list, and entries into the grand prize draw.
~ What are holiday hopes? ~
Latest posts by aNoviceMum (see all)
- 2017 Christmas Gift Guide Linky - 01/11/2017
- How the Story of the Baby who Died Affected my Breastfeeding Confidence - 22/05/2017
- I’m going to the launch of The Breastfeeding Advert - 21/01/2017
- The Tree of Life Breastfeeding Photos are like the Confederate Flag, says ‘Dr’ Amy - 22/12/2016
- How to Make a Tree of Life Breastfeeding Magical Photo in 3 Key Steps - 17/12/2016